What is a personal information?
A personal information is information that can be linked directly or indirectly to a living person. It is, for example, name, social security number or email address. Information such as your IP address or your recorded voice can also be personal information if those can be connected with you.
Nilex processes the following information about you:
• Company Name
• Contact person
• Business address / billing address
• Phone number and email address
• Information about the use of Nilex website, in the form of, among other things, which subpages are visited, browser settings and IP address.
• Email activities, such as which emails from Nilex you open
• Pictures or videos of you that have been taken on our user meetings or in other Nilex contexts
• Unique user information such as login ID, user name and password in the Nilex system
• As a personal data controller, Nilex does not treat sensitive information about you.
How do we retrieve information?
Nilex collects information about you that you have provided to us yourself, or from other people connected to the company that you represent, eg. your boss or colleague. This can, for example, be in a connection with an application for interest, when a customer enters into an agreement with us, support or otherwise when we administer a quote or agreement.
If the company you work for is buying Nilex products or services through a Nilex resellers, we may obtain information about you from the reseller.
In some cases, we can also collect information about you from other sources. These sources may be third party data collectors, Nilex marketing partners, public sources or third party social networks.
Why are information collected?
In order to care about our customer relations and to be able to fulfill our commitments to customers, Nilex needs information about you and your role as the customer's contact person or as a user of a product or service. The purposes of processing these personal data are as follows:
• To be able to contact and offer our products and services
• In order to establish requested tenders for products and services
• To be able to provide access to our products and services
• To be able to provide support for products and services
• To be able to send relevant information
• To improve and develop the quality and function of our products
• For processing orders, invoicing, payment and other financial follow-up
Security and storage
Nilex undertakes to prevent unauthorized access, dissemination and other improper processing of personal data. As a part of our commitments, we apply reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical and physical procedures and measures to protect the information that we collect and process.
Information obtained through forms on the Nilex website ar stored in our CRM system. For customers who have signed an agreement with Nilex and use our products, the information is stored in our CRM system, but also in other systems for support and case management, as well as in our business system for administration.
Personal data are transferred to and stored in secured and independent operating environments that only Nilex employees and subcontractors have access to.
How long do we store your personal data?
Nilex only saves your personal data as long as needed for specified purposes, taking into account that we should be able to answer questions and solve problems and fulfill legal obligations in accordance with applicable legislation. This means that Nilex may save your personal data for a reasonable period of time after the last contact between you and us.
When we no longer need the personal data we have collected, we delete them. We may process personal data for static purposes. In these cases, the data will be pseudonymized or de-identified.
Nilex as personal data assistant
Some of the Nilex services include processing of customer information, including their personal information, such as support and cloud services. The purpose of the treatment is determined by our customers and not by Nilex, which means that the customer is responsible for personal data. In these cases, Nilex acts as a personal data assistant and processes the data on behalf of the customer and in accordance with his instructions.
The relationship between the customer as personal data controller and Nilex as personal data assistant shall be regulated in a so-called personal data assistance agreement. Such an agreement shall be made by the person responsible for personal data, ie the customer.
In cases where Nilex processes personal data on behalf of customers, it is done in accordance with the data protection legislation that applies to personal data assistants.
Subcontractors and transfer of personal data
Nilex hires subcontractors to process personal data and for this purpose may transfer data to third parties. These subcontractors are usually providers of cloud services or other data storage services. They are also suppliers who provide development services of Nilex products and where the purpose is development and support.
When using subcontractors, Nilex enters into an agreement with these regarding the processing of personal data in order to protect your personal rights and fulfill our obligations to our customers.
There is also the fact that some of the subcontractors are located in countries outside the EU and the EEA (also called third countries). We only make such transfers if the other rules in the data protection regulation are followed and if there is a sufficient level of protection in the country in question.
Nilex uses a number of strategic external third parties to support our business processes and product development, as well as providing our cloud services. These third parties include, but are not limited to:
• BGA (Sweden), consulting for our customers
• Bildstudio (Montenegro), development and support of Nilex products (NSP)
• DevelopEx (Ukraine), development and support of Nilex products (NE)
• Diflex (Sweden), web hosting of our cloud services
• Contabo (Germany), web hosting of our cloud services
• Upsales (Sweden), supplier of our chosen CRM system
• Microsoft Office365 (EU) - company email provider
• Bredband2 (Sweden) - Internet service provider
• Telavox - supplier of our telephone services
You can choose not to receive marketing communications from Nilex by:
• Follow the instructions not to receive communication in relevant marketing communications (unregister from massmailings)
• Contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
Please note that, even if you choose not to receive marketing communications from us, you may still receive other communications that are necessary to fulfill our obligations to the customer.
You have the right to receive your personal information by requesting an overview of the personal data that we deal with about you and you are entitled to data portability. You also have the right to request that Nilex corrects incorrect personal information about you by contacting us.
If you think that we handle your personal data in an incorrect way, you are welcome to contact us. You also have the right to file any complaints regarding the processing of your personal data to the Data Inspectorate, which is the responsible supervisory authority for processing personal data in Sweden.